The type designs I made have been requested as rings, so here they are. I hope you guys like them! :D
Rings by Trinket Geek:
ARE YOU SATANS DAUGHTER
my babies are big, strong
THEIR FEATHERS STILL HAVE NOT COME IN YET BUT THAT IS OKAY
I STILL LOVE YOU
MY WEIRD FEATHERLESS CHICKEN BABIES
(Images should be read from the bottom, up.)
GoFundMe is allowing a campaign for people to donate money to Darren Wilson, the cop who killed Michael Brown in Ferguson, MO.
When called on this, and how it violates their ToS, GoFundMe’s response was to delete the hateful, disgusting, racist comments from the donations. They refused to end the campaign. Apparently it is only “promoting hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime” if people can see the deplorable sentiments behind the donations. Somehow deleting the evidence of those sentiments magically changes what those donations are for: rewarding a police officer for killing Michael Brown.
This is absolutely a direct violation of GoFundMe’s ToS, yet GoFundMe is refusing to act. These are people giving money to an individual that gunned down an unarmed black teen. He is profiting from this killing, and it directly promotes racial intolerance and violence. There is no reason why GoFundMe should allow this campaign to continue…
… Except that GoFundMe gets 5% of the cut. In this case, 5% of 235k is $12,500. GoFundMe and Darren Wilson both are profiting off the killing of Michael Brown, and GoFundMe has decided they’d rather take their cut of the money than follow their own ToS. $12,500 is apparently what it takes to abandon justice.
Please, join in the boycott of GoFundMe, and consider signal boosting this.
Go fund me has done other shitty things as well.
Anybody got links for alternate sites to GoFundMe besides kickstarter? Cause GFM was good for like. Personal help things that kickstarter wouldn’t have allowed, as far as I know, like, raise money for emergency surgery! and things of that nature. So I’d like to be able to direct people who still need to do things like that to some sort of alternative service.
EDIT: Never mind, here is a list of alternative sites you can choose from depending on your needs! http://blog.handsonsuburbanchicago.org/?p=214
Thanks to US Uncut for this! BREAKING: Detroit’s unelected emergency manager, Kevyn Orr, has just relinquished control of the Detroit Water and Sewage Department, which is now back in the hands of the people. It’s expected the mayor and city council will approve a water affordability plan that caps a household’s water bill at no more than 3 percent of their income. Read more: http://abcn.ws/XavyWZ Thanks to groups like the Detroit Water Brigade for the weeks of ongoing pressure to stop the shutoffs! Direct action gets the goods. Read their statement on this victory here: http://bit.ly/1o9yqbT
One developer targeted this week (a phrase I have to use because multiple developers were targeted this week) was Fez creator Phil Fish, whose website was taken down, gigabytes of personal information (including banking details and emails) leaked, and Twitter accounts hacked. Fish has always been a volatile personality, but his tweets prior to shutting down his Twitter paint a particularly dismal picture of the gaming community:
this is videogames. this is what i get. this is unacceptable. this is not okay. terrorist. never again, you hear me? never again. this is videogames. this is your audience. to every aspiring game developer out there: don’t. give up. it’s not worth it. nothing is worth this. give up on your dreams. they are actually nightmares. just don’t do it. RUN AWAY. RUN AWAY. i would like to announce that POLYTRON and the FEZ IP are now for sale. no reasonable offer will be turned down. i am done. i want out. […] you should all be ashamed.
Fish’s “public execution” was served in retaliation for his support of Depression Quest developer Zoe Quinn.
Fez gives up on the gaming community thanks to assholes among it. Video Games, Misogyny, And Terrorism: A Guide To Assholes | Badass Digest (via karethdreams)
You goddamn childish bastards.
Liberal: I don’t like Ron Paul; he’s pro-life.
Me: Well that’s just his personal view on the issue; he doesn’t force it on other people. In fact he’s actually voted against bills that were to outlaw abortion on a…
Basically, pro-life politician equals other policies that liberals find unethical.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes with Panna cotta
For the cookies:
- 114g butter
- 56g dark brown sugar
- 56g granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
For the panna cotta:
- ½ cup semi-skimmed milk
- ½ pack gelatin (scant ½ tbsp)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- pinch of salt
For the cupcakes:
- Cream together the butter and sugars for 5 minutes.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and beat for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips; mix until combined.
- Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Press 2 to 3 tablespoons of dough into each muffing cup. It doesn’t have to be perfect, just make sure there are no holes. Put the muffin tin in the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. When the oven is heated, remove the muffin tin from the freezer.
- Bake the cookie cups for 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven and, using the bottom of a juice or shot glass, press down the cookie cup centres (you’re trying to form the cup shape).
- Place the cookie cups back in the oven for 2 to 5 more minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes in the tin before turning them out to cool further.
For the panna cotta:
- Pour the semi-skimmed milk into a small saucepan.
- Cut the vanilla pod in half and put into the milk
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the top and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Turn the heat on medium-low and stir until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Add in the cream, sugar, and salt, and cook for 5 to 10 more minutes, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved (we don’t want to boil the mixture).
- Remove the vanilla pod halves
- Pour the mixture into the cooled cookie cups (that you’ll want to have on a baking sheet in case of any leakage).
Refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
I have a lot of feelings about Vir right now.
Vir is one of the strongest characters in the show. He is brave and he is kind and he is compassionate. He is emotional and he is sensitive and he wears his heart on his sleeve, and those things don’t make him weak, they make him who…